278 Front Street PO Box 190 Hornepayne, ON P0M 1Z0 Phone: (807) 868-2442
Copyright © Hornepayne Community Hospital
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The Board of Governors meet every 4th Tuesday of each month Except June, July, August and December
Criteria for Selecting Trustees
As Taken From Ontario Hospital Association Guidelines & The Hornepayne Community Hospital By-Laws
· Honest and a sense of justice.
· A willingness (declared) to accept hospitals purposes and to make a commitment that patient safety and interest must come before all else.
· An ability to withstand pressure from groups within or outside of the hospital.
· To be objective, weigh all factors, with prime purpose of the hospital in mind at all times. A willingness to function as a member of a team.
· A willingness to use discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
· A commitment to devote the required time and effort.
Duties of a Trustee:
· To be a servant of the public.
· To attend all Board Meetings and Corporation Meetings.
· To act on committees which report to Board Meetings.
· To be informed of current problems and issues involving the hospital through orientation sessions including; building its facilities and services, attending seminars and educational workshops.
· Each trustee must agree to put the interest of the patient and hospital above all other concerns when Board policies and decisions are made.
· To make a commitment to provide the time and effort that will be required to function as an active Board Member.